Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pickles

About five weeks ago, a friend and I bookmarked this past Sunday for some kitchen fun - little did we know it was going to be a gorgeous day! That's okay, though, as it didn't take too long and we had a really fun time.

One thing we took a stab at was doing some pickling. I did a little bit of picklework a few years ago, but it's never been my favorite food format so I didn't get into it very deeply. However, she really wanted to pickle some rhubarb, so I decided we should throw some asparagus into the mix for fun.


We actually got so enthused that we made a mid-brine run to the grocery store to get more rhubarb! The pickles look pretty good, though maybe we should have packed the jars tighter. They SEEMED full at the time, but clearly there's a lot of room for more vegetables in there:



I'm really looking forward to comparing them in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment