Saturday, September 15, 2012

Time is collapsing in on itself

Is it a black hole when time magically compresses itself? There must be one nearby, then .. and I wish it would visit my apartment and save me the work of packing!

  • In April a job was posted at my company that I knew I could do and thought I wouldn't hate.
  • In May I applied and told my company that much of my motivation was that I'd be moving to Portland by the end of the year and couldn't do my current job remotely. While I'd been hoping to return to Portland from the moment I left, this was my first real step in making it happen.
  • In June I learned an external candidate got the job but was assured they'd figure something out for me.
  • In July I learned a slot had been added for me on the team to which I had applied. I also let them know that I was changing my move date from the rather vague "end of year" to end of September. Suddenly time was of the essence; my current job got posted while I was on vacation.
  • In August I learned who was applying for my current job.
  • In September my boss interviewed and selected and should be announcing my replacement next week.
Suddenly I realize that the next time I'm at work, I'll have seven days left in the office. Two weeks from now the move will be behind me and my stuff should be in storage.

Honestly, my head is a bit spinny now!

No comments:

Post a Comment