So I'm trying hard to focus on the positives:
- I wasn't traveling with small kids, or a pet, or with people in wheelchairs.
- One of my friends saw my plaints on Facebook and invited me home to her parents' house, a half-hour from the airport. That saved my parents and me the hassle of dealing with a bus and car ride to their place, 2 hours away.
- Another of my friends was invaluable in her long-distance support, texting me about alternate flight times and eventually buying me that last seat.
- I have another friend picking me up at the airport tomorrow.
- I get to have 36 hours at home before going back to work.
- I'm having a quiet New Year's Eve at home with my parents & older brother
- Pizza is on the way!
So I'm scheduled to fly tomorrow. And I had better get home!!!!!!
- Don't fly Jet Blue. Is that too harsh? I'm not sure. I am unlikely to fly them over a holiday, that's for sure.
- Always bring my passport! I could've looked into a NYE in Toronto, but didn't have the right paperwork to do it.
- Don't feel too smug about avoiding travel messes - at least wait for smugness til the plane is safely landed!!!!