Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two Thousand Ten: September

Can we take a minute, folks, to catch our collective breath? September?! Really?? I don't think I'm ready. Okay, thanks. 

September's picture is a cheat - I didn't take it in 2009. But these are my self-imposed rules, and we all know that self-imposed rules are made to be broken.


I took this picture in October 2007, on my first post-California-move tent camping trip. (It took over a year to get back into tent camping, but I'd already been to Yosemite not once but twice, lucky me!).
 Big Sur is about 2 1/2 hours south of me, and after two days of extremely vigorous hikes, my camping buddy and I were happy to take a meandering wandering walk through Lime Kiln State Park. Sun-dappled rocks, gorgeous yellowed leaf - the picture practically took itself.

1 comment: