Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The great plastic experiment

I've got some great travel coming up next year - Honduras, Greece, and maybe I'll tack a little something onto Greece as long as I'm there (OR try to explore the country thoroughly.. tough to say just yet). Of course the less I spend on airfare, the easier it'll be to enjoy the rest of the trip. I've never gotten into the whole airline mileage thing, but I think I'm going to take the plunge, with the help of a friend.

The goal: free flight to Greece without paying any annual fees or interest on the charges.
The timeline: I'll be there in June 2011
The process: So far I've signed up for one Visa that gives miles on American. I have to spend $1500 in the next six months to get 75k miles. If I also sign up for their Amex, that'll be a commitment of $3,000 spending in six months to get 150k miles, which would be PLENTY for the trip - if I can successfully use them to book the travel. 

I hereby dub this the Great Plastic Experiment (GPE for short. I do love me an acronym).

No comments:

Post a Comment