Friday, October 22, 2010

Fiscal Friday: Update on the great plastic experiment

I've missed a few Fridays, what with vacations and all. I've been quiet on the blogging front but be assured there's plenty of turmoil in the background! I'm thinking all manner of Deep Thoughts about life, career, money, happiness, challenge, change - you name it. It kinda sucks, to be honest - but we carry on, right?

So in lieu of a specific Fiscal Friday post, I thought I'd give an update on the Great Plastic Experiment. About a month ago I decided to explore the magic of airline bonus miles and signup incentives, in hopes of getting a free ticket to Greece next summer. I got two cards which will give me 75,000 miles per card on American Airlines, so long as I charge $1500 on each card within the first six months of having them. My travel guru assures me I'm looking at business class travel to Greece! I'm hopeful he's right.

At any rate, the experiment is going swimmingly - my trip was a good for a chunk of expenses that I've already paid off. At this rate I'm going to make the deadline with months to spare. I'm skeptical it could possibly really be that easy.. but it's looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment