Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012:January!

Hello bloggy friends! I didn't post the January calendar shot. Without further ado:
I'm quite proud of this picture! I'm not the most technically proficient photographer, but I did learn how to control my shutter speed. In a situation like this if you leave the shutter open longer than it would choose to be, you get to see the path of the fire that the dancer is spinning about her body, illuminating her but leaving her mysteriously hidden.

My friends had these fire dancers come as a surprise entertainment element for their beach wedding in Honduras, and I cursed myself for not having my camera on hand. So I was delighted a few nights later to encounter the same dancers doing a show for the tourists on the beach. I took approximately ten billion photos!

1 comment:

  1. wow! these pictures are so great! and so unusual! your blog is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete