Friday, July 6, 2012

Vacation brain again

I've been super occupied with work and career and life stuff, but guess what? Vacation awaits! In a few short days I'm heading back to Germany - this time to see my sister receive her master's degree, and to spend some time touring with my parents (and sister, part of the time).

I'm revisiting my packing list from the spring - it will be warmer, but it doesn't look like it's going to be hot, so I think I'm going to pack:

- 2 pairs pants: jeans and khakis (both can turn into capris if necessary)
- 1 skirt (will work for the graduation event and if it gets hot on the trip)
 - 2 pairs shoes: probably some version of walking shoes and some summery sort-of sandals
- weather protection: a rain jacket and scarf/wrappy thing; 1 lightweight long-sleeve sweater (blue); 1 lightweight 3/4-sleeve cardigan (black)
- 5 tops: 2 short-sleeve tops; 2 3/4-sleeve tops; 1 dressy tank top. (I bet I'll crack and add something here)

for both parts of the trip: 
- pajamas: t-shirt & shorts
- miscellaneous toiletries, socks, etc.
- camera; ipod touch; cell phone (to be stored away until I return to the states); chargers & a plug adapter; guidebook; passport; perhaps a knitting project.

On this trip I won't be using a rail pass, since with three of us it's more sensible to rent a car. Since I'll be driving I won't have so many knitting opportunities, but it's a great thing to have on a flight. Even though I'll be traveling in business and first class (thanks to miles and my clever booking-savvy friend!!), it's a long long time to stay awake and occupied. I can't sleep for all of it (and don't want to miss out on the fun of the high-class travel) so knitting is a good thing to have on hand. Perhaps I'll make another set of socks to complement the ones I did for much of my last trip:

I'll have something like 22 hours in London, then 12 nights in Germany before returning. I'll be able to do laundry once in the middle of the trip, so I think that will work. I may panic and add something to the pile - we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment