Wednesday, April 14, 2010

big plans, little time

Tonight I'm cooking for lunch group. I'm going to make something up, and clean out my fridge, too!

Ingredients:
leftover romesco potatoes (a 16-oz-jar-ful)
leftover romesco sauce (4 ounces or so)
leftover diced tomatoes
chickpeas
spinach

... all over penne, I think. I may add caramelized onions to boot. What do you think?

In addition, my workplace is having a small fair for Earth Day, and I've agreed to stand around and answer questions (if anyone has any!) about preserving & canning. So I might try to squeeze in a batch of Meyer lemon jelly tonight, and since I'll be doing the work anyway, may get some limoncello started. I've still got my eye on making a batch of strawberry-rhubarb preserves, but I just don't know if I can get it all done after work this week - I'll be away starting Crack of Dawn Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good and those socks below look great!

    ReplyDelete