Monday, April 26, 2010

straw-straw-strawberry goodness

I made strawberry-rhubarb jam a couple of weeks ago. I messed up, though, as it's way too sweet and not nearly tart enough. One of these days I'm going to get a digital scale for my kitchen endeavors!

Anyway, I decided to try to use the jam and add some rhubarb. I pulled a recipe for strawberry-rhubarb crumble from my copy of Joy of Cooking.
I've got some very cute little cookie cutters, and I tried to do a varying range of sizes of overlapping circles, going for a polka-dot look, but it didn't come out quite the way I wanted.

Then I had another strawberry disappointment! I got a bunch of amazingly beautiful berries at the Bowl, but they tasted like ... nothing. I guess I was deluded by their pretty faces. So, I sliced them, added a little sugar, pureed them, added a little cream, and froze the yummy results. It's not really ice cream, but it's not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment