Saturday, May 14, 2011

Before-during-after: bed!

My bedroom project is nearing completion. It is certainly at a point at which I can stop for a long time. I do still want to add an area rug or two, real bedside tables instead of the small table and rolling stand I'm using, different curtains, art on the walls, and probably a different desk. BUT I am done with the bed and no mistake!

For a few months I had just a bedframe, no headboard:
I've actually had the headboard in a box in my room all week, but no time to attach it to the bed. Today I improvised a way to hold up the bed with the headboard removed:
And got the headboard in place. Huzzah! I can't wait to go read in bed tonight.
In fact I think I will go to bed quite early - I am fighting off a case of the blahs, and have to get up before the crack of dawn tomorrow so I can go to Monterey and learn to scuba in the ocean. I'm kind of dreading it and will be glad when this learning nonsense is behind me. But at least I'll sleep well in my lovely bed!

1 comment:

  1. I predict ocean diving will be a whole new and amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete