Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Recipe review: Cheese thins

Apparently I'm not the only blogger taken with Smitten Kitchen's Cheese Straws. I liked that another blogger changed them into Cheese Thins, so I made them to bring to a party.

I probably put in too much cheese, as I didn't measure the shredded results, and don't yet have a digital scale.

But it's pretty easy to make - mix up a few dry ingredients, then add enough liquid to make it cohere into a dough-lump.

Then you shape it into logs, and chill.

The next day, I sliced the logs from the end to make thin discs of dough, and baked them. I did not take pictures though, but suffice to say they were yummy! They'd be best to make and serve still-warm, with your home smelling of warm cheesy goodness. I brought them to someone's house, so some of the yumminess was lost, but they got entirely consumed, so I must have done something right!

No comments:

Post a Comment