Tuesday, May 18, 2010

exciting plans

It still feels very much like a dream, but I'm going to New Zealand next week! I have pangs about the shortness of the visit, but I really couldn't have gone for longer, so I keep reminding myself that I'd rather go now for a little bit, than for a good chunk of time sometime in the next ten years (if ever)!

It's going to be not-that-warm, with temps in the 50s. It's going to be rather rainy, though the forecast shows we may get a few clear days as well! The days will feel strangely short, with sunrise at 7:25 and sunset at 5:12 on our final day there.

And still for all that I'm super excited. I've borrowed a map, and a couple of books, and have more books on the way, and we've booked a car and our first couple of nights and I'm making lists of things I want to do and see. I think we may do a bit of picking our destinations based on the forecast, which feels crazy, yet so doable as it's the off season.

I'm also worried I won't understand a word anyone says to me, but I imagine I'll get by. If nothing else I'll make my travel buddy do all the talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment