Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A weekend hike


A friend and I went for a hike on Saturday in Mount Diablo State Park. At 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning, it was a breeze to get there. And what a day for the hike! We went almost ten miles under blue skies, on sun-dappled trails, and got to pick our way across a river that cut across the trail.. okay, 14 times. And, yeah, turns out I hadn't accurately called our turning point, so we had to retrace our steps back over the 14 river crossings. So we crossed the same river 28 times! Fortunately there were no blisters or other issues or it might've been a bit bleak.

I saw lots of flowers, including a type that was new to me:

Alas, the Secret Trail to Barbeque Terrace, while lovely, did not in fact lead to any sources of grilled meat. Fortunately, I was already going to a bbq later that afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment