Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WIP Wednesday: Limoncello!

I've been working on some limoncello in my spare time. The beauty of it is that you assemble it and then forget about it for a couple of months. Easy peasy!

I used a recipe from a local blogger but made a LOT less - about 10% of her immense volume. I used some vodka that wasn't as strong as the one they recommend - the recipe calls for 100-proof vodka, but I had 80-proof and don't love crazy boozy stuff, so I went with that.

  • Combine 2 cups vodka and the peel of six lemons (mine came from the tree in my courtyard !); let it sit in a dark place for 2 months.
  • Strain the mixture to remove the peel (I followed directions and froze it for future use but have no idea what I might use it for). 
  • Make simple syrup from 1 c boiling water and 1/2 c sugar, let it cool, then add it to the lemon-infused vodka. Let it sit two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment