Thursday, August 19, 2010

back to the kitchen!

I haven't had much in the way of photos to post, lately. Lunch group is on hiatus (ALL THREE of my compatriots are on vacation right now.. *sniffle*), the theatrical goodness of Ashland isn't that photogenic, and I have FINISHED my sweater but don't have any pics yet.

So. Well.

Well, I'm doing a fund-raising around-the-clock team walk 8 days from now (Aug 28/29). I'm terrible at asking for donations, but I'm GREAT at baking. Last year we had two bake sales at work and raised $500. We had one sale last week ($285) and have another one tomorrow. My recipes are a great credit to the blogs I read!(most especially, Smitten Kitchen!)

Last week I brought:
Smitten Kitchen's Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Smitten Kitchen's Everyday chocolate cake (which I charred just a teeny bit)
Smitten Kitchen's Blueberry crumb bars (which were veeeery popular but also a bit charred)

This week I'm bringing:
the blueberry bars again (but I swear to check on them sooner)
zucchini bread (recipe from the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook)
Simply Recipes' Chocolate zucchini cake (I made this insanely tasty cake for a bbq last weekend. wowza was it good... I have frozen remnants at home. This time I added some chocolate chips to push it RIGHT over the top.)
And blueberry muffins.

So yeah, that's a good chunk of money masquerading as ingredients. Also plenty of time and energy - but it's fun, and I like baking, and I really like off-loading the majority of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment