Friday, January 14, 2011

Creative energy

I've been a bit light on creative activity of late - I've been working on a complicated pair of socks, but am a little stalled. I tried to make a hat for a baby, but it was big enough to fit me, so I opted to rip it out and start all over.

I have been spending some sporadic time in the kitchen: I made some molasses-buckwheat-whole-wheat-flour bread, but it wasn't very photogenic. I made some chocolate-whiskey cake and am going to make some hard sauce to go on top of it - but I don't expect to get any photos. Oh, I roasted some veggies - Brussels sprouts one day, fennel another - and made some tasty soups.

So I guess I've had at least SOME creativity in my life! 

It's true that I'm still sleeping on a mattress on the floor, and don't expect to get THAT sorted any time soon, since I'm off to glorious New Mexico this weekend! perhaps I should say FRIGID New Mexico, but hey, that's what you get when you travel in January. Fortunately I'm traveling with friends and one of them has been doing all the heavy lifting in terms of planning. He likes it, I'm not feeling like I have any specific desires for the trip, and I just want to go and see cool stuff and have fun.

I shall take pictures! and notes! and will make blog posts therefrom!

No comments:

Post a Comment