It's a lot less than I've ridden in previous years but it's nice to have a number. And if my spotty data sources can be relied upon, it's more than I rode in 2009 (which seems to have been 389.66 miles).
My round-trip commute to work is exactly seven miles, so that represents 65 commutes - better than once a week! When you factor in holidays and vacations, I actually work perhaps 45 weeks a year, so that's really starting to look pretty good.
I didn't make any New Years resolutions, but I like keeping my car home more days than not, I enjoy biking to work, and am fortunate to get to carpool many other days of the year. So let's see if I can do better than last year for mileage! Here's my bike's mileage so far, since I got it after finishing grad school:
- 2004: Cycle Oregon #1: got my new bike, put 1561.5 on it.
- 2005: Cycle Oregon #2: rode 1657 miles (3218.5 total miles on odometer)
- 2006: rode 340 miles in Oregon, then 113.6 in California - 453.1 season total (3571.6 total)
- 2007: rode a measly 88.7 miles (3760.3 total miles on odometer)
- 2008: Cycle Oregon #3: rode 1,199.6 miles (4959.9 on odometer)
- 2009: rode 389.66 (4967.4 on odometer)
- 2010: rode 460.74 (5817.8 on odometer at end of year)