Wednesday, March 30, 2011

EX-WIP Wednesday: Say goodbye to my little friend

Dudes, I have no idea what happened, but the sweater I've been working on for 2 months or so is a goner. Say goodbye, sayonora, arrivederci, we knew ye well. I got the arms long enough and figured out how to attach them to the body, and finally FINALLY tried it on.

Crud-ola, it does not fit.

I'm doubly frustrated because I did a gauge swatch. Then I cast on what should be the right size. And after 15 rows it seemed like it was going to be WAY too big.. so I decided to rip it out and start over, following the directions for the sweater 2 sizes smaller. And guess what? yeah, it's just about 2 sizes too small.

So now I have to rip out and wind 5 or 6 balls of yarn. Then I have to stomp my feet and tear my hair a bit. Then a good long sulk is in order, and only THEN will I consider casting on again. maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Why not sell it and then start over, if you're starting over anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. because I'd have to spend a month finishing what won't fit, and because a hand-knitted sweater represents $70-150 in materials (never mind time), and no one would pay that much for it!

    (I took a before pic that I will post later so you can see how not-finished it was)

    ReplyDelete