Monday, March 28, 2011

Under pressure

I've signed up to learn to scuba dive. Eep! Should be fun, though it was never on my Life List. However, I'm going to Honduras in May to celebrate my friends' wedding, and it turns out that's a prime spot for diving! I've got a good bit of free time now so I'd rather get certified here and be able to just enjoy diving while I'm there.

California's dive certification requires 40 hours of instruction, so the class runs over 6 weeks. It starts mid-April so I will barely squeak in the certification before the trip at the end of May.

I'll certainly let you know how it goes! I've already started practicing breathing only through my mouth - I find it surprisingly hard not to hyperventilate! (I suspect I'm being rather dorky... but I can live with it)

3 comments:

  1. It is on my life list and I have consistently not gotten around to it! But sometime soon I'm sure I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're very brave! My sister and brother-in-law are scuba instructors, but I've never done it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete