Waffles are grand but admittedly a bit messy. An easier and still delicious-smelling weekend breakfast option is Skillet Granola!
- melt some butter in a pan
- sprinkle in the oats and toast them a bit
- sprinkle on a little salt, and some flavoring - you can never go wrong with cinnamon!
- add a little liquid sweetener. I use agave nectar; honey or thinned molasses would probably do quite well.
- near the end, if you want, add texture with nuts or wheat germ. I added both this time.
Once it's yummy-smelling and lightly toasted, let it cool off. I like it with plain yogurt.