Friday, January 4, 2013

new-house smell

Well, I got the key to the house yesterday (and a welcome mat from my agent), so went over after work with one of my friends to get a whiff of new-to-me-house smell! Bonus: since it was recently recarpeted/painted/cabineted/floored, it actually does have a new smell to it.

My friend and I rolled all over the living room floor, giggling like lunatics, then we drank some bubbly (that a friend had given her on HER new-house move-in but she'd never opened). It was entirely awesome and I felt overwhelmed and happy.

Then I went to Lowe's and bought the first of many series of things (lightbulbs, shower curtain rod, toilet scrubber).

Then I took myself out for some ridiculously tasty chicken wings at a restaurant I've been hearing about for a while. I got enough wings for three meals! Score!

1 comment:

  1. whoa! lightbulbs, shower-curtain rod AND a toilet scrubber?! you DO know how to party!!

    glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete