Sunday, July 11, 2010

Nocino update, and recipe recommendation

I've been moderately good about shaking the nocino, and as promised, it's already turning all manner of strange colors!
The one on the left is a brackish green, but the jar in the center is BLACK already. So cool!


In non-related news, I made this cake and it is to die for: David Lebovitz's Almond Cake.
It was super easy to make in my whiz-bang food processor, and he's correct that it tastes amazing even a couple of days later. I served mine with homemade limoncello, homegrown blueberries, and storebought creme fraiche. I almost think the add-ons were too much; next time I'll keep it more simple so the amazing almond flavor can shine. Look how fine the texture is! The only disappointment was the outside edge was a teeny bit overcooked. I might take it out 2 minutes sooner next time.

1 comment:

  1. ooh! I had never heard of nocino before. Curious...

    ReplyDelete