Friday, October 9, 2009

fail

Reader, I failed to find dried chipotles. Even at the Bowl.

I bought a dried ancho chile instead, and tried making a spice-infused take on David Lebovitz's chocolate sauce. I dunno. There's a ghost of some warmth, but it's not what I wanted.

I also made the cakes - I'd planned to make individual fallen chocolate cakes from Cooks' Illustrated, but then I realized they were supposed to be served within a half hour or so of baking, and I was going to be serving them 24 hours later.

I could've made the batter when I got home from work, but that would be pushing it, and I've got two guests to visit with, however briefly. (which is a whole 'nother story) So, I changed my plan and made individual flourless chocolate cakes, and .. meh. They look a bit dry and the sample I tried wasn't that flavorful.

Drat. I'm not even calling these Fallen Ladies - the only thing fallen is my hopes!

1 comment: