Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fallen Ladies coming soon!

As I posted before, I want to invent a dessert called Fallen Ladies. I further mused about what to add to it to make it kinda sexy - it'll already be decadent! I think I'm closing in on it.

I've been talking about the dessert a lot, and I am embarrassed to say I can't remember if I had this idea, or if it was given to me, but I think I want to go with a spicy chocolate sauce. Fortunately one of my coworkers has a long-term partner who's a pastry chef and all-around whiz in the kitchen (from what my coworker has brought in for lunch, and shared with us). So I've been getting some advice from Elise and am pretty excited at how it's shaping up.

I just need to get my hands on a dried chipotle pepper. Stay tuned, kids!

3 comments:

  1. ooh, that's an EXCELLENT idea! can't wait to see how it turns out, and try it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole dried chipotles or powdered chipotle? I know that Penzey's carries both. But I've also seen them in a number of grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need whole chipotles - so far FOUR shops have let me down!

    ReplyDelete