I have a list of things I want to get, though! Which is probably partially the point: to think about what I want, mull it over, list it, and LATER decide if I was going to do it. Here's the list in my head at the moment:
- Jars. Ever since developing a blog-crush on Food in Jars earlier this year, I've been buying and using jars in many ways. And right now I'm just about out of the 16-ounce wide mouths! They're being used to hold four types of uncooked beans, some food leftovers, and I don't know what else. But they're all in use right now. I started some vanilla extract last night and really had to dig for a suitable container. (I used a version of this page's Traditional Vanilla Recipe: three beans split, scraped, and chopped, in 12 ounces of vodka)
- moisturizer - I'm running low! I have my travel bottle left, though, so I won't run out
- hand lotion - only one small bottle left of good-smelling stuff at home. I have a good-sized bottle of plain stuff on my desk at work; I can bring that home if necessary
- The bits and pieces to recreate an Ikea hack for vertical pot storage. That would free up a chunk of space. I'm not sure where I can cram it, and it'll only work if my ceiling is in fact 10 feet or less, so I can at least measure that when I get home.
- oh yeah, and the usual things that have been on my list forever: crock pot, food processor.
- oooh and there are a couple of paintings that a friend's daughter has listed on etsy. I'm not going to link to them to save them for myself, I hope, but they cost $180 and $280, so I'm not convinced I'll ever actually take the plunge and buy them. That's as much as I'll spend on a couple of plane tickets next year! But I do like real art and it would be great to support a friend. As a bonus, of course, I think they're gorgeous.
- oooh: and this pattern for a gorgeous cowl for myself; of course, I'd need to buy yarn as well!