Saturday, October 24, 2009

I too like big bundts

I've been following the Food Librarian for a while now, and this month she's doing such a fun theme: a bundt cake per day until National Bundt Day (November 15th (who knew?)).

The end of October is approaching, and I'm having people over for a pumpkin carving party tomorrow, so it seems very fitting to choose a pumpkin-flavored snack to serve! Ergo, I have selected the pumpkin-apple spiced bundt cake.

Most of the ingredients (missing: two eggs, 10 T butter):


Note the glass jar: I'm making my own vanilla extract! It's probably not quite ready, but I used it anyway, and made sure to get some of the flecks of vanilla goodness.

Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the butter/egg/pumpkin. Dice 2 cups of apples (a bit less than 2 apples). All ready to put together: At this point you combine the wet and dry ingredients, then fold in the apple.



Looks promising!



 Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then turn onto a plate. It smells SO GOOD.


Wow. I may have to sample this before tomorrow! 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! Oh, this looks fantastic!! I'm so happy you made a Bundt. That inspires me to continue my CRAZY baking marathon. This looks soooo yummy. And making your own vanilla...you rock! Thanks so much for stopping by and telling me the good Bundt news! - mary the food (& bundt!!) librarian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your post through the Food Librarian - I'm nearly overwhelmed with the fabulousness of all the bundts that Mary is baking, but this one might be the one I start with. Hope you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary & Nancy, thanks for stopping by! Nancy, that bundt is SUPER easy and very pumkinny. I've been eating it for breakfast with plain yogurt on it and just finished it today. sad.

    ReplyDelete