Thursday, September 24, 2009

ah, me

a little-known Fact About Me: I learned to do tarot card readings a few years ago. I can't explain them, but I find that the cards are often uncannily accurate.

My birthday was last month, so I did a Wheel of the Year reading. My card for September was the King of Swords. Among other things, that card symbolizes being a leader and taking on responsibility.

This month my manager has started her maternity leave, and I've taken an unexpected role in the process of getting a garden at my apartment building. Both have kicked in for real this week. I think the sentence in the above-linked post that fits the situation best is: I'm leading not because I want to, but because I can. I've managed in the past and it's not my favorite activity, though I'm reasonably good at it!

I am stressed out and tired, because I'm not sleeping well! I feel silly complaining about it; in the grand scheme these cares are minimal. I am confident I'll work through it and be fine, but I'm eager to get through this month. Heck, I'm eager to close out this week. It is kicking my ask.

1 comment:

  1. I have found the same often about leadership - I don't ask for it, I'd rather lead by example. But sometimes it's way better to lead because you can, than because of having an arm twisted.

    I'm looking forward to hearing more about the garden!

    ReplyDelete