Monday, September 7, 2009

The garden: before


Quick post before I go to our first garden meeting - my apartment building is going to turn some unused common space into a shared garden. I've volunteered/fallen into the role of organizer. I'm good at organizing, but I know next to nothing about gardening, so this should be an interesting endeavor. I feel good about it, though: in the few days since this started happening, I've had more contact with some of the residents in my building since I moved in three years ago.

There's already a little bit of garden going - one person started it, and when he moved out, another took over and expanded a bit. But now we're probably going to remove some of the plants filling in the former pool, and get some raised beds built on it instead. This could be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment